Update: Venue changed, register at Raw Milk Institute on Zoom and learn more at August 12th FREE Iowa Raw Milk Webinar — Raw Milk Institute.
Iowa State University has announced a free webinar in the dawn of raw milk legalization in Iowa.
From the Iowa State University website:
In response to questions from producers and the industry surrounding the raw milk legislation signed by Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds on May 11, the dairy team with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will hold a webinar, called “Raw Milk for Human Consumption: Issues to Consider.”
Here’s the list of presenters:
The following presenters will share information and answer questions from the audience:
- Senator Jason Schultz, the District 6 Republican legislator who sponsored the bill, will outline his vision and reason for the legislation.
- Kitt Tovar, staff attorney and manager of the Beginning Farmer Center at Iowa State, will outline liability for producers.
- Pat Gorden, veterinarian with the College of Veterinary Medicine at Iowa State, will discuss best practices for sample collection under the new rules.
- Mark McAfee, MaAfee Farms and Organic Pastures, will tell how he handles raw milk.
- Stephanie Clark, professor in food science and human nutrition at Iowa State, will discuss the role of sanitation in producing raw milk.
- Larry Tranel and Fred Hall, dairy specialists with ISU Extension and Outreach, will discuss their top three issues in managing a 10-cow dairy.
Read the full bulletin and find the link to register on the ISU website: Dairy Webinar to Address Raw Milk Law in Iowa
This meeting is meant for producers and potential producers. If you would like to join this webinar, register at least one hour before the meeting is set to take place. This webinar is scheduled for 6-9pm CDT (4-7pm Pacific Time).